Search by Keyword
Here's How To Stop Drinking Alcohol, for those who really want to stop drinking.
Most people realize by now that Alcoholics Anonymous is the longest running alcohol addiction treatment program, with the highest rate of success.
The AA program is also completely free of charge, and NO personal information is required to attend.
Recovering alcoholics in AA follow a simple 12-step program, outlined and briefly explained below.
The result is nothing less than a miracle.
Anyone can learn How To Stop Drinking Alcohol. Just print out this page and keep it with you.
Visit aa.org for scheduled meetings in your area.
Attend your first AA meeting today!
If you really want to know How To Stop Drinking Alcohol, it is recommended that you attend an AA meeting every day for 90 days.
You are also encouraged to avoid active drinkers and places that serve alcohol.
Most importantly, keep calm and keep working. The only solution is work.
It's impossible to dwell on our obsessions while our minds our actively engaged in some other, unrelated activity.
THE TWELVE STEPS OF ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS
1. We admitted that we were powerless over alcohol, and that our lives had become unmanageable.
In other words, we realized that our need to drink alcohol is stronger than our will to resist it.
2. We believed that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
Before you hit that back button, this has nothing to do with God, although God is the name used by some people to identify the Higher Power.
All you need to believe is that there is SOME power in the universe greater than yourself. This shouldn't be too difficult. If you believe that you (yourself) are the greatest power in the universe, then perhaps alcohol is not your biggest problem.
3. We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of this Higher Power as we understood it.
4. We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
In other words, we took an unflinching look at our own character defects.
5. We admitted to our Higher Power, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. We were entirely ready to have the Higher Power remove all these defects of character.
7. We humbly asked the Higher Power to remove our shortcomings.
8. We made a list of all people we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. We continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
11. We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the Higher Power as we understood it, praying only for knowledge of its will for us, and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we try to carry this message of hope to other alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
WHAT TO EXPECT and WHAT IS EXPECTED OF YOU
You will arrive at the meeting place to find a welcoming group of alcoholics in varying stages of recovery.
You are asked not to "share" (speak) at a meeting unless you are at least 24 hours sober.
People who are drunk are allowed to attend meetings as long as they don't speak or disturb anyone.
The meeting's guest speaker must have at least 90 days of sobriety.
The person who runs the meeting must have at least one year of sobriety.
The first thing to do is request a sponsor recommendation from the people running the meeting. The sponsor is a "sober buddy" you can turn to for help when you need it. A sponsor has at least one year of sobriety.
You will not be asked any questions by the meeting organizers, nor will you be asked to sign anything. You will also never be asked to speak during a meeting, although you can always volunteer.
how to stop drinking alcohol
More Free Printable Lists
Go here for all sorts of Free Printable Resume Formats.
Printable list of Amtrak Train Stations in All 50 States.
Printable list of Greyhound Bus Stations in All 50 States.
Free Printable Car Insurance Stats for All 50 States and Washington DC.
Free Printable Reusable Monthly Calendars
Free Printable Maps
Free Printable Charts and Tables
Free Printable Tattoo Designs
Free Printable Tarot Cards
Free Printable Gifts
Free Printable Trivia Games