Traditional African Food Recipes
Scroll down for versatile African Food Recipes.
Shown above: African Beef Stew.
Shown below: Recipes for spiced butter and Injera, a flatbread commonly known as Ethiopian Silverware.
- 1 cup of Teff flour (If you can't get Teff flour, fine wheat flour or buckwheat flour will do).
- 1 cup of unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 2 cups of Club Soda
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and the baking soda.
- Add the club soda and mix well to form a mixture of about the same consistency as pancake batter.
- Brush a large skillet lightly with oil.
- Heat until hot over medium heat.
- Carefully pour the batter in a circle around the edge of the pan until the center is filled in.
- Tilt the pan and gently shake it to fill in any air holes.
- Cook for 1 or 2 minutes, until the surface is spongey. DO NOT flip the bread.
- Gently tip the pan, and slide the Injera bread onto a plate.
- Repeat the above steps until all of the batter is gone.
- Arrange the bread around the edges of a large plate, with another piece in the center.
Serve Injera bread with any type of stew.
More African Food Recipes
Niter Kebbeh is an Ethiopian spiced butter. It is used in any number of African Food Recipes.
- 2 pounds of butter
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1-inch piece of Ginger Root
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cardemom
- 1 stick of Cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 2 teaspoons of Basil
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- When butter is foamy, add all the other ingredients.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook uncovered for about 5 minutes.
- Skim the foam off the top surface and strain the clear liquid thru a cheesecloth several times.
- Pour it into a jar and refrigerate.
Makes about 4 cups.
TRADITIONAL AMERICAN RECIPES
MORE GREAT RECIPES
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
Free Printable Resume Formats.
Amtrak Train Stations in All 50 States.
Greyhound Bus Stations in All 50 States.
Car Insurance Stats for All 50 States and Washington DC.
Free Printable Reusable Monthly Calendars
Free Printable Maps
Free Printable Worksheets
Free Printable Charts and Tables
Free Printable Tattoo Designs
Free Printable Tarot Cards
Free Printable Gifts
Free Printable Trivia Games
Another Free Printables Collection