Bible Study Lessons may involve any of a number of different texts, or bibles, all of them expressing unique but similar spiritual truths.
This page features a descriptive list of the world's twenty largest religions, ranked in order of the size of their world memberships.
above image: thestudyaide.blogspot.com
Shown below is a List of the world's major religions, whose topics are covered in standard Bible Study Lessons.
LIST OF RELIGIONS:
1. CHRISTIANITY: a monotheistic religion based on the life and teachings of the man known as Jesus (roughly 2.1 billion followers)
Above image credit: bbc.co.uk
2. ISLAM: the monotheistic religion articulated by the Qur’an, a text that is considered by its adherents to be the verbatim word of God. (1.5 billion followers)
Above image credit: blogs.reuters.com
3. SECULAR / NON RELIGIOUS: An adherence to the avoidance of organized religion. (1.1 billion non religious people)
4. HINDUISM: The predominant indigenous religious tradition of South Asia. (900 million followers)
5. CHINESE FOLK RELIGION: a collection of ethnic religious traditions which have been a main belief system in China throughout the civilization's history. (394 million followers)
6. BUDDHISM: a religion and philosophy encompassing a variety of traditions, beliefs and practices, based on the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known as the Buddha. (376 million followers)
7. PRIMAL INDIGENOUS: A set of African religious beliefs and practices, which is primarily tribal and composed of pre-colonization peoples. (300 million followers)
8. AFRICAN TRADITIONAL: a variety of religions indigenous to the continent of Africa. (100 million followers)
9. SIKHISM: a monotheistic religion founded on the teachings of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, and ten successive Sikh Gurus. (23 million followers)
10. JUCHE: A North Korean philosophy that identifies the Korean masses as the masters of the country's development. (19 million followers)
11. SPIRITUALISM: A religion based on direct contact between living beings and the spirits of the dead. (15 million followers)
12. JUDAISM: The religion, philosophy and way of life of the Jewish people, originating in the Hebrew Bible, and explored in later texts such as the Talmud. (14 million followers)
13. BAHA'I: A monotheistic religion founded by Bahá'u'lláh in nineteenth-century Persia, emphasizing the spiritual unity of all humankind. (7 million followers)
14. JAINISM: An Indian religion that prescribes pacifism and a path of non-violence towards all living beings. (4.2 million followers)
15. SHINTO: The indigenous spirituality of Japan and the Japanese people. (4 million followers)
16. CAO DAI: A syncretistic, monotheistic religion, officially established in the city of Tây Ninh, southern Vietnam, in 1926. (4 million followers)
17. ZOROASTRIANISM: A religion and philosophy based on the teachings of prophet Zoroaster, who lived some time before 600 BC. (2.6 million followers)
18. TENRIKYO: a monotheistic religion originating in alleged revelations to a 19th-century Japanese woman named Nakayama Miki, known as Oyasama by followers. Tenrikyo promotes the "Joyous Life," cultivated through acts of charity and mindfulness. (2 million followers)
19. PAGANISM: a wide variety of ancient and modern religious movements influenced by the pre-Christian pagan beliefs of Europe. Wicca (a.k.a witch craft) is an example of a Pagan religion. (1 million followers)
20. UNITARIAN-UNIVERSALISM: A belief system that emphasizes the unity of all things, and accepts other religions in an inclusive manner. (800 thousand followers).
Go here for all sorts of Free Printable Resume Formats.
Printable list of Amtrak Train Stations in All 50 States.
Printable list of Greyhound Bus Stations in All 50 States.
Printable Reusable Monthly Calendars
Printable Charts and Tables
Printable Tattoo Designs
Printable Tarot Cards
Printable Trivia Games
See the Main Lists Page
bible study lessons