Best Appetizer Ideas:
Easy Party Appetizers
This page links to many Easy Party Appetizers, starting with the popular Tempura recipe shown below.
Easy Party Appetizers: Tempura
- About a dozen fresh jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- One or two extra large onions, separated into rings.
- One or two large bell peppers, sliced lengthwise into 8 pieces
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced into pieces 1/2 inch thick.
- 1 dozen large string beans
- 1 large zucchini, diagonally sliced about one inch thick
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Rinse shrimp and vegetables under cold water, and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Put vegetable oil in a wok or deep skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Prepare a box of tempura batter, following the easy directions shown on the box. (Packaged tempura batter is surprisingly good. No need to make it fresh).
- Preparation merely involves combining the dry mix with the recommended amount of COLD water. To ensure that the water is cold, use slightly less water than the directions suggest, and add ice cubes to make up the difference.
- Mix batter well with a fork. Mixture will be lumpy.
- Lay out a few paper towels to place the cooked pieces on.
- One by one, grab the end of each large piece with a pair of tongs and submerge it completely into the batter mix. Remove each piece from the mix and hold it over the bowl so the excess batter drips off.
- Place each battered piece carefully into the heated oil and cook for two or three minutes.
- Turn the pieces over and cook for another two minutes.
- Remove the pieces from the oil, and place them onto the paper towels.
- To prepare the peas: In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of batter with 1/2 cup of peas.
- Refrigerate for one to two hours.
- Drop the stiffened mixture by the tablespoonful into the heated oil.
- When done, remove gently with tongs.
- Arrange the finished pieces around the edge of a serving platter, and place a small bowl of tempura dip in the center.
To prepare the dipping sauce, simply combine equal parts mirin and soy sauce in a small dish.
Add one tablespoon of sugar per cup of dipping sauce.
Tempura is one of America's favorite Easy Party Appetizers.
More Appetizer Recipes
TRADITIONAL AMERICAN RECIPES
Main Recipe Page
MORE GREAT RECIPES
Other Useful Links
Go here for all sorts of Free Printable Resume Formats.
Printable list of Amtrak Train Stations in All 50 States.
Printable list of Greyhound Bus Stations in All 50 States.
Printable Car Insurance Stats for All 50 States and Washington DC.
Printable Reusable Monthly Calendars
Printable Charts and Tables
Printable Tattoo Designs
Printable Tarot Cards
Printable Trivia Games
Another Free Printables Collection
Look Here Right Now To See A Long Lost Portrait Of Emily Dickinson!