Fish Taco Recipe and Other American Favorites
Scroll down for a delicious Fish Taco Recipe, followed by recipes for Taco Salad, chunky salsa, and guacamole.
Fish Taco Recipe
- 4 raw fish filets
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 & 1/2 cups of Bread crumbs (any kind, but Panka bread crumbs are recommended)
- Shredded lettuce
- Vegetable oil
- 4 hard taco shells
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
chunky salsa (see recipe below)
guacamole (see recipe below)
- Put some oil in a skillet, so the oil is about an inch deep.
- Turn heat to medium-high.
- Rinse fish filets and place them on paper towels.
- Coat a clean, dry dinner plate with a layer of flour.
- Fill a shallow dish with bread crumbs.
- Beat the egg in a shallow dish.
- Coat fish filets lightly with flour. Pat them to remove excess flour.
- One by one, coat each fish filet in the beaten egg. Hold each filet over the egg dish until excess egg drips off.
- Place each fish filet in the bread crumbs, cover it with crumbs, and press down gently. Pat the filet in your hands to remove excess bread crumbs.
- Place fish filets in heated oil and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove fish filets from the oil with a spatula and place them on dry paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Place each cooked fish filet in a hard taco shell.
- Top with shredded lettuce, salsa, and guacamole.
- Add a dash of Tabasco sauce if desired.
Here are some accompaniments for your Fish Taco Recipe:
- one or two ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro
- fresh squeezed lemon juice from half a meyer lemon
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- Cut the avocado all the way around and break it in half, removing the pit.
- Scoop out the avocado with a spoon and put it in a small bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well with the fork.
- Serve as is with Tortilla chips or add some to your burrito.
- Preserve unused portions carefully in air-tight plastic wrap, as avocado turns an unsightly grayish brown when exposed to air.
- 4 large vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh, finely chopped cilantro
- dash of hot sauce
- splash of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Chop tomatoes finely and drain away excess liquid.
- Mix well with remaining ingredients.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for one hour before serving.
- Serve with Tortilla chips and fresh Guacamole.
Although Salsa and Guacamole are optional, no Fish Taco Recipe is complete without these two side dishes.
Tangy Doritos Taco Salad Recipe
- 16 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 small package taco seasoning mix
- 1 head shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 sliced red onion
- 4 chopped scallions
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 large bag of Doritos
- your favorite salad dressing
- Prepare the beef and seasoning as directed on the taco seasoning package.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef mixture, lettuce, red onion, green onion, pinto beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, avocado and cheese. Mix well.
- Before serving, top with Doritos and add dressing.
- Mix well and serve immediately.
Links To More Recipes
TRADITIONAL AMERICAN RECIPES
MAIN RECIPE PAGE
MORE GREAT RECIPES
Other Useful Links
Go here for all sorts of Free Printable Resume Formats.
Printable list of Amtrak Train Stations in All 50 States.
Printable list of Greyhound Bus Stations in All 50 States.
Printable Car Insurance Stats for All 50 States and Washington DC.
Printable Reusable Monthly Calendars
Printable Charts and Tables
Printable Tattoo Designs
Printable Tarot Cards
Printable Trivia Games
Another Free Printables Collection