Fish Taco Recipe and Other American Favorites
Scroll down for a delicious Fish Taco Recipe, followed by recipes for Taco Salad, chunky salsa, and guacamole.
Fish Taco Recipe
- 4 raw fish filets
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 & 1/2 cups of Bread crumbs (any kind, but Panka bread crumbs are recommended)
- Shredded lettuce
- Vegetable oil
- 4 hard taco shells
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
chunky salsa (see recipe below)
guacamole (see recipe below)
- Put some oil in a skillet, so the oil is about an inch deep.
- Turn heat to medium-high.
- Rinse fish filets and place them on paper towels.
- Coat a clean, dry dinner plate with a layer of flour.
- Fill a shallow dish with bread crumbs.
- Beat the egg in a shallow dish.
- Coat fish filets lightly with flour. Pat them to remove excess flour.
- One by one, coat each fish filet in the beaten egg. Hold each filet over the egg dish until excess egg drips off.
- Place each fish filet in the bread crumbs, cover it with crumbs, and press down gently. Pat the filet in your hands to remove excess bread crumbs.
- Place fish filets in heated oil and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove fish filets from the oil with a spatula and place them on dry paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Place each cooked fish filet in a hard taco shell.
- Top with shredded lettuce, salsa, and guacamole.
- Add a dash of Tabasco sauce if desired.
Here are some accompaniments for your Fish Taco Recipe:
- one or two ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro
- fresh squeezed lemon juice from half a meyer lemon
- dash of Tabasco sauce
- Cut the avocado all the way around and break it in half, removing the pit.
- Scoop out the avocado with a spoon and put it in a small bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well with the fork.
- Serve as is with Tortilla chips or add some to your burrito.
- Preserve unused portions carefully in air-tight plastic wrap, as avocado turns an unsightly grayish brown when exposed to air.
- 4 large vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh, finely chopped cilantro
- dash of hot sauce
- splash of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Chop tomatoes finely and drain away excess liquid.
- Mix well with remaining ingredients.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for one hour before serving.
- Serve with Tortilla chips and fresh Guacamole.
Although Salsa and Guacamole are optional, no Fish Taco Recipe is complete without these two side dishes.
Tangy Doritos Taco Salad Recipe
- 16 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 small package taco seasoning mix
- 1 head shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 sliced red onion
- 4 chopped scallions
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 large bag of Doritos
- your favorite salad dressing
- Prepare the beef and seasoning as directed on the taco seasoning package.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef mixture, lettuce, red onion, green onion, pinto beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, avocado and cheese. Mix well.
- Before serving, top with Doritos and add dressing.
- Mix well and serve immediately.
Links To More Recipes
TRADITIONAL AMERICAN RECIPES
MAIN RECIPE PAGE
MORE GREAT RECIPES
Look Here Right Now To See A Long Lost Portrait Of Emily Dickinson!