FREE PRINTABLE MAP OF
Scroll down for a free printable Map Of Kansas Counties, and another map of cities in the state of Kansas.
The above US map shows the location of the state of Kansas in relation to other US states.
Kansas was the 34th state admitted to the Union, on January 29th of 1861.
This page also features fascinating facts about the state of Kansas, and related links to more free printable items.
10 TRUE FACTS ABOUT KANSAS
- Pizza Hut opened its first location in Wichita.
- The state of Kansas is literally flatter than a pancake. This truth was discovered when a group of scientists actually compared the topography of Kansas to a pancake from iHop.
- Kansas got its name from its former inhabitants - The Kansa tribe.
- Dodge City, Kansas is the windiest city in the whole United States.
- Nicknames for Kansas include The Jayhawk State, The Midway State, The Sunflower State, and The Wheat State.
- Topeka, Kansas was the starting place of the landmark Supreme Court case called "Brown vs. the Board of Education, when African American children were denied access to public schools.
- The well-known element called Helium was discovered at the University of Kansas in 1905
- The state of Kansas is home to a number of quirky roadside attractions, such as the world's largest easel, the world's largest ball of twine, and the Subterra Castle, among others.
- Famous people from Kansas include female aviator Amelia Earhart and award winning poet Langston Hughes.
- The 10 largest cities in Kansas (by population size) are Wichita, Overland Park, Kansas City, Olathe, Topeka, Lawrence, Shawnee, Manhattan, Lenexa, and Salina, in that order.
MAP OF CITIES IN KANSAS
Above: An printable map of Kansas cities.
image credit: mapofworld.com
MAP OF KANSAS COUNTIES
Shown above: A printable map of Kansas counties.
image credit: Encyclopedia Brittanica
Kansas Fact And Photo Gallery
Community Colleges in Kansas
PhD Programs at Kansas Universities
Law Schools In Kansas
Low Cost Kansas Car Insurance
Budget Travel In Kansas
Return To US State Map Collection
Click here for a Free Printable WORLD MAP.
Look here to SEE MORE STATE MAPS
Free Printable Zip Code Maps Of Major Cities
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
Free Printable Resume Formats.
Amtrak Train Stations in All 50 States.
Greyhound Bus Stations in All 50 States.
Car Insurance Stats for All 50 States and Washington DC.
Reusable Monthly Calendars
Free Printable Maps
Free printable Charts and Tables
Free Printable Tattoo Designs
Free, printable, customizable Tarot Cards
Free Printable Gifts
Free printable Trivia Games
Go here for Another Free Printables Collection
Look Here Right Now To See A Long Lost Portrait Of Emily Dickinson!
world map printable map of utah