FREE PRINTABLE MAP OF
This page features a free printable Map Of South Carolina.
The above US map shows the location of the state of South Carolina in relation to other US states.
On May 23rd of 1788, South Carolina became the 8th of 50 states admitted to the Union, as one of the original 13 colonies.
Scroll down to find fascinating facts about the state of South Carolina.
Also see related links to other free printable items.
10 TRUE FACTS ABOUT SOUTH CAROLINA
- The highest point in South Carolina is the summit of Sassafras Mountain, measuring 3,560 feet above sea level.
- The smallest town in South Carolina is Smyrna, with a land area of less than one square mile and a population of around 45. Despite its tiny size, Smyrna is home to a town park, a general store, an electronics store, at least 4 churches, and a post office.
- Charleston, South Carolina is home to more than 400 churches, with many denominations represented.
- The Civil War began at Fort Sumter, South Carolina on April 12th of 1861.
- Bishopville, South Carolina is home to the Button Museum.
- Morgan Island is home to more than 4,000 rhesus monkeys, which are used for AIDS research and other scientific testing.
- Tattooing was illegal in the state of South Carolina until 2004.
- South Carolina is the only state in America where tea is grown.
- Famous people from South Carolina include Blackbeard, Chubby Checker, and Dizzy Gillespie, among others.
- Native American tribes from South Carolina include the Catawba, Cherokee, and Yamassee people, among others.
MAP OF SOUTH CAROLINA
Above: A Map Of South Carolina showing cities, roadways, commercial airports, and surrounding states.
image credit: sciway.net
LIST OF COUNTIES IN SOUTH CAROLINA
Here is a list of the 46 counties in the state of South Carolina:
- Abbeville County
- Aiken County
- Allendale County
- Anderson County
- Bamberg County
- Barnwell County
- Beaufort County
- Berkeley County
- Calhoun County
- Charleston County
- Cherokee County
- Chester County
- Chesterfield County
- Clarendon County
- Colleton County
- Darlington County
- Dillon County
- Dorchester County
- Edgefield County
- Fairfield County
- Florence County
- Georgetown County
- Greenville County
- Greenwood County
- Hampton County
- Horry County
- Jasper County
- Kershaw County
- Lancaster County
- Laurens County
- Lee County
- Lexington County
- Marion County
- Marlboro County
- McCormick County
- Newberry County
- Oconee County
- Orangeburg County
- Pickens County
- Richland County
- Saluda County
- Spartanburg County
- Sumter County
- Union County
- Williamsburg County
- York County
South Carolina Fact And Photo Gallery
Community Colleges in South Carolina
PhD Programs at Universities in South Carolina
Law Schools In South Carolina
Low Cost South Carolina Car Insurance
Budget Travel In South Carolina
Free Printable Zip Code Maps Of Major Cities
Free Printable WORLD MAP
Hit this link to SEE MORE STATE MAPS
Return To US State Map Collection
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
Click Here for Free Printable Resume Formats
Click Here for Amtrak Train Stations in All 50 States.
Click Here for Greyhound Stations in All 50 States.
Click Here for Car Insurance Stats in All 50 States and Washington DC.
FREE Reusable Monthly Calendars
Free Printable Maps
Free printable Charts and Tables
Free Printable Tattoo Designs
Free, printable, customizable Tarot Cards
Free Printable Gifts
Free printable Trivia Games
Go here for Another Free Printables Collection
Look Here Right Now To See A Long Lost Portrait Of Emily Dickinson!
world map printable map of utah