Ultimate Sloppy Joe Recipe
This moist, tangy, delicious Sloppy Joe Recipe is a popular favorite for any meal.
To print this recipe, just highlight the text and select PRINT from your file menu.
Sloppy Joe Recipe
CLASSIC SLOPPY JOES:
This basic recipe for Sloppy Joes is an All-American favorite for people of all ages.
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 finely chopped onion (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons of white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder OR 1 large clove of finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 4 split, seeded hamburger buns
- Heat the ground beef and chopped onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the meat and onion for about ten minutes, or until the beef is browned and crumbly, with no signs of pink remaining.
- Drain the fat from the the meat and onion mixture. Discard any excess grease from the pan.
- Wipe the pan with a paper towel and return the meat and onion mixture to the pan.
- Stir in the ketchup, water, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- Turn the heat to high and bring the beef mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and let the mixture simmer for about half an hour, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Place the split hamburger buns open on a plate, with the split side facing up.
- Pour a ladle of Sloppy Joe mix over one of the bun halves. Then gently place the other half of the bun on top.
Serving suggestion: Garnish the sandwich with pickle slices and potato chips.
Here's an easy and creative alternate Sloppy Joe Recipe:
You can make delicious meat pies easily by
placing 2 or 3 tablespoons of cooked sloppy joe mix (or cooked meat loaf) into a mini pie
crust, or you can wrap up the meat in philo dough.
Brush the dough with butter
and bake for another 10 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown.
See this page for an Easy Meatloaf Recipe.
Go here for an extensive Recipe Collection.
Hit this link for Authentic American Cuisine from every state.
Other Useful Links
Go here for all sorts of Free Printable Resume Formats.
Printable list of Amtrak Train Stations in All 50 States.
Printable list of Greyhound Bus Stations in All 50 States.
Free Printable Car Insurance Stats for All 50 States and Washington DC.
Free Printable Reusable Monthly Calendars
Free Printable Maps
Free Printable Charts and Tables
Free Printable Tattoo Designs
Free Printable Tarot Cards
Free Printable Gifts
Free Printable Trivia Games
Another collection of Free Printables