6 Fast And Easy Soup Recipes
Scroll down for a variety of Fast And Easy Soup Recipes.
Shown above: Creamy Tomato Soup. Scroll down for the recipe.
For more soups and other delicious, diet-friendly recipes, see any of the links shown on this page.
CREAMY TOMATO SOUP
- 4 oz (1 stick) butter
- 4 large carrots
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 3 (28 oz) cans whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 8 oz (1 cup) heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 oz (1 loose cup) fresh basil leaves, cut into long, thin strips.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over a medium heat until it foams.
- Add carrots and onions, then cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the butter starts to turn brown.
- Add tomatoes, then chicken broth
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 80 to 90 minutes.
- Taste the broth. If the flavor is too sharp, add a pinch of baking soda and stir, then taste again.
- Let the mixture cool awhile, then puree the soup in a blender until smooth.
- Remove from blender into a bowl, and stir in cream.
- Season as needed with Bothe kinds of pepper.
- Stir in basil just before serving. Soup will need rewarming.
Makes 12 cups.
LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves (1 tsp) garlic, minced
- 8-10 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry orzo
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (3-4 lemons)
- 1/2 cup fresh kale
- Salt, pepper, and fresh dill, seasoned to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over a medium heat.
- Add carrots, onion, and garlic. Sauté until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add orzo and cook until softened.
- Add shredded chicken and remove the mixture from the heat.
- Which eggs with lemon juice in a small mixing bowl.
- Add a scoop of the soup to the egg mixture and stir well. This will warm up the eggs so they don't scramble when added to the recipe.
- Add egg mixture to the soup pot very slowly, stirring until soup is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in tha kale and season to taste.
Makes about 6 servings.
MORE SOUP RECIPES AND RELATED LINKS
Beef Barley Soup
TRADITIONAL AMERICAN RECIPES
OTHER GREAT RECIPES
OTHER USEFUL LINKS
Free Printable Resume Formats.
Amtrak Train Stations in All 50 States.
Greyhound Bus Stations in All 50 States.
Car Insurance Stats for All 50 States and Washington DC.
Free Printable Reusable Monthly Calendars
Free Printable Maps
Free Printable Worksheets
Free Printable Charts and Tables
Free Printable Tattoo Designs
Free Printable Tarot Cards
Free Printable Gifts
Free Printable Trivia Games
Another Free Printables Collection