Best Strawberry Cake Recipe
This page features a Strawberry Cake Recipe from a cookbook called New Orleans Food, by Tom Fitzmorris.
This culinary creation will simply melt in your mouth.
Strawberry Cake Recipe
- 4 cups of self-rising flour
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 stick of softened butter (not melted)
- 1-¾ cup of half & half
- Combine the flour and the sugar until they are evenly mixed.
- Mix in the butter with a whisk, a cutter, or
by hand until the flour mixture is dry and crumbly, and resembles coarse corn meal.
- Carefully add the milk to the mixture until the consistency is thick, moist and even.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place the cake mixture onto greased baking sheet, with the scoops about an inch apart.
- Bake at 475 degrees Farenheit for about 10 or 15 minutes, until the cakes are lightly browned.
- 1 pint of fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1-½ cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of sugar
- Mix the corn starch and the water, and pour into a saucepan.
- Add all of the other ingredients, and bring the mixture to boil.
- Lower the heat and let the mixture simmer for about five minutes.
- Put the sauce in fridge until it is thoroughly cooled.
- 2 pints of fresh strawberries
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup of sugar
- Slice the strawberries any way you like, and sprinkle them lightly with sugar.
- Refrigerate the strawberries in a sealed container.
- Make whipped cream by combining the cream and sugar in a chilled bowl.
- Beat the cream and sugar with a mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Slice a shortcake in half and place one half on a sandwich plate with the cut side facing up.
- Spoon on some of the sauce.
- Add some sliced berries and a generous dollop of whipped cream.
- Holding the top half of the shortcake over the plate or the sauce bowl, spoon some sauce onto the cut side, and place it on top.
* This Strawberry Cake Recipe makes about 10 servings.
For a broader assortment of great American recipe ideas and many
other free printable items, visit any of the links shown on this page.
Go here for an extensive Recipe Collection.
Visit here to see the Main Dessert Page.
Hit this link for Authentic American Cuisine from every state.
Other Useful Links
Go here for all sorts of Free Printable Resume Formats.
Printable list of Amtrak Train Stations in All 50 States.
Printable list of Greyhound Bus Stations in All 50 States.
Free Printable Car Insurance Stats for All 50 States and Washington DC.
Free Printable Reusable Monthly Calendars
Free Printable Maps
Free Printable Charts and Tables
Free Printable Tattoo Designs
Free Printable Tarot Cards
Free Printable Gifts
Free Printable Trivia Games